With Christmas just around the corner, it’s important to take the proper steps to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones, even with household equipment that gets used every day. Garage doors, when used improperly, can cause injuries and worse. So, stay safe this season and follow these tips:
- Never allow children to play the garage door or around it when it’s open or moving.
- Don’t let kids play with the remote or push button wall controls.
- Avoid standing or walking under a moving garage door.
- Keep the door in full view until it’s fully closed or opened.
- Keep your fingers and hands away from sections of the door while it’s opening or closing.
- Ensure your door remains in great shape with regular garage door repairs and maintenance.
- If you’re having electrical issues, make sure they’re addressed by a trained service technician.
- Never try to repair garage door springs or cables. They are best repaired by a trained tech as these parts are under extreme tension.
- If you or someone else has backed into the garage door, it’s important to have it inspected and/or repaired by a service technician. Have it inspected even if it doesn’t look to be severely damaged as the operating system may have been misaligned and wear prematurely.
The Premium Garage Door Service team hopes you have a fun, safe holiday season!