Did you know that, in the United States, there are more than 82 million homes with a garage? That’s enough for every single car built anywhere in the world for the past year! So the demand for a reliable garage door company in Dakota County is ever-increasing, and we’re happy to be one of the best in this area. Read on for a few more fun facts about garages!
- The word garage originated in France. It comes from the word “garer,” which means “to shelter.”
- Thirty-four percent of the new single-family homes sold in the Midwest have a garage that can hold more than three cars.
- The Sears Roebuck Company started selling a portable garage in 1908. (We’re sure the first garage door company came about soon after!)
- People used to store their cars in converted carriage houses.
- Garages were first attached to homes and included gabled roofs and masonry. Later on, they started to be incorporated into the design of homes.
- The more popular cars became, especially after the Federal Road Act passed in 1916 and the Federal Highway Act passed in 1921, the more popular cars and garages became.
- The overhead garage door was invented in 1921 by C.G. Johnson, and then he invented the automatic garage door opener in 1920. However, the garage door openers didn’t start to become popular until about 1970.
- Garages are also used for storage space, man caves, band practice spaces (“garage bands”) and as an office for start-up companies.
- Between 2005 and 2009, almost 80% of homes had a garage, which means a garage door company like ours has become a necessity.
So when you need a trustworthy garage door company in Dakota County, call Premium Garage Door Service at 763-607-3402 or contact us to Request Service.