Your garage is an important part of your home. You use it to store your vehicles and your personal items. Some people even use it as a workshop or man cave. But no matter what you use it for, it’s important to keep it secure so the rest of your home stays secure. As a company that specializes in garage doors in Roseville, we have several tips on how to keep your garage safe and secure.
- Never leave your garage door opener in your car. Always keep the opener in a more secure spot, even if it is just in your pocket. An even better idea is to get a keychain remote opener. This is a great way to keep your garage door opener on you at all times without running the risk of misplacing it or having it fall out of your pocket.
- Take a few minutes to secure the emergency release on your garage doors. Just take a zip tie and use it to lock the disengaging arm on the automatic garage door opener. This helps prevent a bypass technique that is often used by thieves to get into your garage but you can still pull the safety handle and break the zip tie if there is an emergency situation that requires you to quickly open your garage doors. All you have to do is take the zip tie and insert it through the two holes in the emergency release mechanism.
- If your garage is attached to your home, take some time to look at the door between your garage and your home. Is the door secure? Does it have a dead-bolt? What is the door made out of? This door should be just as secure as your front and back doors. You could look into installing a wide-angle peep-hole in the door too. That way, if you hear an odd noise in your garage, you can look in there without having to open the door.
- Never leave your garage doors open unattended. This seems obvious, but this is one of the best ways to ensure no one can get into your home or steal anything that is in your garage.
- You should also look into frosting or covering any windows on your garage doors. This makes it difficult for people to look in through your garage doors to see what’s there.
Do you want more information on garage doors in Roseville? Call Premium Garage Door Service at 651-344-0489 or Request Service.