Garage Door Opener Woodbury
You pull into your driveway after a long day at work, and all you want is to step from your vehicle into your house with as few interruptions as possible. However, when you press the button on your garage door opener, nothing happens. You press it again – and again – nothing happens. It has now gone from a long day to a frustrating one as you find yourself needing to determine why your Woodbury home’s garage door opener is not working.
As a homeowner, dealing with home system issues is a part of life. Some of the challenges may be small and simple to correct, while others can be tiring and time consuming. Fortunately, most garage door opener related problems can be corrected without it being a huge fiasco!
Common Garage Door Opener Problems in Woodbury
There are a variety of things that can cause your garage door opener to malfunction, but one of the most common is simply dead batteries. If you discover that your opener is not working properly, first take a moment to check the batteries – after all, these don’t last forever! In fact, many people find that changing the batteries in the garage door opener when they change the clocks minimizes the risk of the opener not working when needed.
However, there are other actions you can take when you discover that your garage door opener is not functioning as it should. These steps include:
- Checking the battery contacts to make sure they are not discolored, pitted or wet
- Locating the eyes on the RC and the receiving unit and wiping them down so the signal can be sent
- Resetting the system. Like rebooting your computer, sometimes you just need to turn it off and then back on again.
- Making sure that there is nothing blocking the door
- Identifying if any cables are snapped or loose
- Checking the tracks if your garage door gets off track it will not raise or lower properly.
Contact Premium Garage Door Service for your Garage Door Opener Needs
When you have questions about the proper working of your Woodbury home’s garage door opener, don’t put off contacting the pros at Premium Garage Door Service. Take time to check the batteries, clean the eyes and follow up on the other items here, then give us a call at 763-607-3402 or contact us. We will be happy to assess your garage door and determine what needs to be done to get things back on track.