Garage Door Openers – Twin Cities MN
When it comes to quality garage door openers, the most chosen brand is Liftmaster/Chamberlain, as it stands head and shoulders above all others. At Premium Garage Door Service, we are proud to offer these garage door openers to our customers.
The garage door opener was considered a luxury only 20 years ago, but has become a valuable necessity. Most cannot do without the convenience and security provided by a garage door opener, as it allows one to open their garage door with the touch of a button, and never have to exit the vehicle.
Why Liftmaster/Chamberlain Garage Door Openers in Twin Cities MN?
- State of the Art: You’ll receive the latest innovations in safety, quality and security.
- Safety: Each model comes with The Protector System®, which emits an invisible light beam across the opening. Should anything interrupt the beam while the door is closing, the system automatically reverses the door prior to contact being made.
- Quality: Chamberlain transformed the industry when it introduced a drive belt made from polyurethane and molded with flexible steel cords, like a steel-belted tire. Additionally, the company introduced the Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS), which provides a quiet, smooth operation. Since 1979, Liftmaster has dominated 40% of the market, and continues to grow thanks to national advertising campaigns.
- Security: Since introducing Security+® anti-burglary technology, Liftmaster garage door openers have become more secure, offering a new standard of convenience and protection. This technology provides protection against burglars with sophisticated code-grabbing devices. Each time the opener’s remote control is activated, the system automatically rolls the code over to any one of the 100-billion codes, which can never be repeated. The system also has features like Multi-Function Remote Controls, which open the garage door and turn on your home’s lights, and Wireless Keyless Entry System, which lets you open the door with a four digit code.
Choosing a Garage Door Opener in Twin Cities MN
With the styles and features available in many modern garage door openers, it can be hard to choose one. Keep in mind the following when shopping around in the Twin Cities metro:
- Perhaps the most common style of door opener is the chain drive opener. These work much like a bicycle chain and can be quite noisy. They are available in 1/2 to 3/4 hp models.
- For a quieter drive, you may opt for a screw-drive door opener. These have very few moving parts so they make less noise. In addition, they are easy to install and require minimal maintenance.
- You can also choose the belt-drive opener which uses a long rubber belt to raise and lower the door. These doors are virtually maintenance free.
- One of the most recent types of residential door openers is the jackshaft opener which is mounted on the same wall as the overhead door, so there is no need for an overhead track or drive system. These heavy residential doors make almost no sound whatsoever.
- Originally, all garage doors worked on AC powered motors, but now garage doors primarily use DC as it allows for better speed control and assortment of features. Of course, these DC motors require a conversion from AC power and they use less power than an AC motor. However, manufactures install a battery backup, in the event of a power outage. It should also be noted that while the door springs are responsible for lifting the door, you will want to have a door opener with a higher horsepower rating as they have the ability to start and stop the garage door should there ever be a problem with the garage door’s spring system.
- When it comes to protecting your family, there is no such thing as “doing too much.” One way you can protect your family is with a garage door opener that requires a code to raise or lower the door.The latest in this technology is called a rolling code. This rolling code means that each time the transmitter is operated it sends the code to the receiver but also creates a new code for the next operation.
Contact us today to have new garage door openers installed. Call us today at 651-344-0489 or Contact us Here.